The Bread Baker's Pocket Companion
The Bread Baker's Pocket Companion is a portable, pocket version of the conversion tables, formulas, and recipes I use most often when developing recipes and baking bread, along with loads of other intel useful for bread baking.
It's beautifully & whimsically illustrated and designed by artist, baker, and author Johanna Kindvall.
5x7 inches, 32 pages, offset printed on 100% recycled papers sourced from American mills, by Scout Books in Portland, Oregon.
The booklet includes:
- weight-to-volume and other conversions for hundreds of common baking ingredients
- flour protein-content conversion formula using vital wheat gluten
- a simplified desired dough temperature (DDT) formula
- baker’s math 101
- sourdough starter care & feeding
- folding dough 101
- preshaping & shaping loaves 101
- scoring loaves 101
- and more!